Design and Technology Futures is combining education and innovation into an enabling platform which at one hand collaborates with industry and government partners to search new ways out from the modern complex challenges and on the other hand, engages students with new and unique experiences out of their comfort zones in order to create innovation and new thinking. To find out what the future might be.
The challenges in the program are presented in an open format, encouraging students’ personal creative development and self-expression.
Why this programme?
- The programme offers an opportunity to acquire integrated practical and theoretical knowledge in design-driven innovation with an ability to spark, lead and perform future-oriented tech-intensive product, and service concept development;
- Exiting cooperation projects with industry, government partners or society looking for new opportunities for technology development into promising product-service systems;
- Teaching staff with high theoretical and practical experience.
Curriculum Outline (120 ECTS)
- General studies - cover cultural theory and visual literacy that helps to understand inter-relationship of culture, science, technology and economic development.
- Core studies - include courses about design (human-centred design, corporate entrepreneurship and design), engineering (production digitalisation, concurrent product development), entrepreneurship (entrepreneurship and business planning), etc.
- Special studies - students learn about service systems design tools, methods and practices that are tested and polished in action during real development projects.
- Free choice courses - students can choose from a wide variety of courses offered at the university.
- Graduation thesis - a research project that will define problems and offer a set of innovative methods and scientific principles to solve them.