The School of Business Administration in Karviná (SBA) is a faculty of the Silesian University in Opava, one of the youngest universities in Czechia.
At the School of Business Administration (SBA), we are dedicated to shaping the next generation of experts in various fields of study. With a strong focus on business, finance, social sciences, administration, and computer sciences, we provide a dynamic and comprehensive educational experience. Our forward-thinking approach ensure that our students are well-prepared to navigate the complex and evolving landscape of modern business and technology.
The Silesian University is a legitimate member of the European University Association and a holder of a prestigious HR Excellence in Research Award. In 2022, the SU ranked 231-240 in QS EECA University Rankings. All offered study programs are fully accredited by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic. In 2023, the STARS EU alliance of which SU is a proud member was awarded the prestigious European University status by the European Commission.
Some of the benefits of studying with us:
- European level of education: Being part of European Union (EU) projects and alliances with international partners allowed us to develop excellent quality of education to help students acquire the skills needed to succeed in business.
- Modern teaching environment: Our engaged academics utilize various innovative teaching methods to better support students experience, linking theory with real business cases, in state of the art classrooms. Silesian University (SU) is large enough to offer top quality education, but small enough to know all our students and offer them an individual approach.
- It pays off to study at SU: In order to recognize the outstanding achievements of our students, SBA offers a number of scholarships - e.g. for excellent study results, representation in competitions, and other extracurricular or charitable activities. The Dean’s Scholarship Programme has been established to support talented international students studying in degree programmes taught in English.
- Rich social life and many life-changing experiences: SBA organizes and is part of many events, such as festivals, concerts, art exhibitions, theatre, etc. Change your life with free EU travel – get to know any of the 27 EU countries, study at our partner universities through Erasmus+, get experience with international internships.
- Sport events and Campus life: Enjoy your favourite sport or learn new ones. Become a part of our e-sport team competing at various tournaments. The campus offers modern accommodation, library, computer facilities, and social spaces.
Students who are citizens of the EU/EEA:
The average tuition fees for students from the EU/EEA are 2,500 EUR per year, and up to 3,000 EUR for its doctoral degree.
Students who are citizens from outside the EU/EEA:
The average tuition fees for students from outside the EU/EEA are 2,500 EUR per year, and up to 3,000 EUR for its doctoral degree.