The master's programme International Development Studies is a two-year MSc programme. It focuses on worldwide social transformation processes related to livelihoods, agro-food networks and the environment in a dynamic international context. In the programme social, economic, political and environmental change are studied from various perspectives.
What makes the programme unique?
- You focus on current themes such as disasters, migration, food security, resource conflict, and environmental policy; and you learn to work in an interdisciplinary way combining anthropology, sociology, economics, governance studies, etc.
- You acquire useful practical skills during a four-month internship at an organisation in your second year.
- You develop your research skills by formulating your own thesis research and carrying out your own fieldwork.
Within the master's programme you can choose one of the following specialisations to meet your personal interests.
- Sociology of Development
- Economics of Development
- Inclusive Innovation, Communication and Development
- Politics and Governance of Development