The Msc in Management of Human Resources (MHR) is an academic program designed to prepare students to accomplish an international career in the field of human resources. The program extends on 2 years with regular classes and a set of workshops and labs to develop a rigorous and relevant knowledge in this field.The program is the only academic program in Human resources in English offered in Italy and is characterized by a comparative approach, a strong orientation toward analytics, and the adoption of a learning-by-doing teaching approach.The program allows students to have direct access to a network of practitioners, companies, and institutions to enlarge the breadth of their learning through keynotes and project works.Apart from offering the intense experience of life and learning in Milan, the course provides opportunities for internships and Erasmus exchange programs.
The program is designed to prepare students for a range of careers in the fields of human resource management, management, human processes and relations consulting.Upon graduation, students will be prepared for management positions requiring expertise in human resources, organizational behavior, labor law, and management.
The program is intended for top-level Italian and international students and is subject to rigorous analysis of requisites for admission.
Applicants should have a bachelor's degree or equivalent; a strong interest and/or previous studies in economics, management, sociology, political sciences or related subjects; undergraduate or graduate training in mathematics and quantitative methods or a strong motivation to quickly fill their gaps in these fields; a sound knowledge of spoken and written English.
The evaluation process will consider the applicants' prior academic record and its consistency with the above mentioned criteria. Admission is based on academic excellence.
Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants who have obtained their bachelor's degrees from Italian Universities are eligible for admission if they hold a "laurea" degree pertaining to any one of the "classi di laurea" (degree classes) listed below under the heading "Note 1". Applicants who have completed their undergraduate studies at foreign universities are eligible for admission if they hold a bachelor's degree in economics, political science, or other broadly related subjects (from history to industrial engineering, from management to mathematics, from philosophy to sociology, and so on), provided that their bachelor's degree may be regarded as equivalent to one of the Italian "laurea" degrees listed below (Note 1).
- All candidates holding a different bachelor's degree must have earned at least 9 ECTS in economics and/ or mathematics/ statistics. The ECTS credit value of foreign applicants' undergraduate studies will be assessed by the MHR admissions committee. Applicants holding an Italian bachelor's degree must have earned the required credits within the set of admissible "settori scientifico-disciplinari" (disciplinary scientific sectors) listed below under the heading "Note 2". Applicants who have completed their undergraduate studies at foreign universities should exhibit a comparable academic record or competence in logic, statistics and mathematics.
- Non-native speakers of English must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of English either by showing they have at least one year of university studies at institutions where the language of instruction is English, or by providing evidence of possessing a IELTS score of at least 5.5 or an equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference.
- Admission will be decided on the basis of academic merit, coherence of their previous curriculum and a test which will be assigned upon application. Applicants might be interviewed for admission.
Admissions will be continuous during the Admission window with the possibility of early admission decisions.
* Note 1 (in Italian)
- L-05 - Filosofia
- L-08 - Ingegneria dell'Informazione
- L-09 - Ingegneria industriale
- L-14 - Scienze dei servizi giuridici
- L-16 - Scienze dell'amministrazione e dell'organizzazione
- L-18 - Scienze dell'economia e della gestione aziendale
- L-20 - Scienze della comunicazione
- L-24 - Scienze e tecniche psicologiche
- L-31 - Scienze e tecnologie informatiche
- L-33 - Scienze economiche
- L-35 - Scienze matematiche
- L-36 - Scienze politiche e delle relazioni internazionali
- L-37 - Scienze sociali per la cooperazione, lo sviluppo e la pace
- L-40 - Sociologia
- L-41 - Statistica
* Note 2 (in Italian)
at least 9 ECTS: SECS-S/01 - Statistica; SECS-S/03 - Statistica economica; SECS-S/05 - Statistica sociale; SECS-S/06 - Metodi matematici dell'economia e delle scienze attuariali e finanziarie; SECS-P/05 - Econometria; MAT/01 - Logica matematica; MAT/05 - Analisi matematica; MAT/06 - Probabilità e statistica matematica
Applicants, both foreign and Italian holding a bachelor's degree or expecting to obtain it by December 31st, 2020,must apply for admission to the MHR programme from March 1st to August 28th, 2020.
Non EU Applicants from outside Italy holding a non-Italian bachelor's degree or expecting to obtain it by December 31st, 2020, must submit a pre-application at the Italian Embassy of their own country.
Applicants will be selected on the basis of an interview, aimed at ascertaining the applicants' motivations, as well as their knowledge and competences in the core areas of the MHR programme.
Attendance is mandatory