This BSc (Honours) in Computing produces graduates who can continuously respond to the rapidly developing needs within this sector, regardless of how technology may change over time.
Two specialist pathways are available for study:
- Multimedia Development.
Each combines highly-valued technical skills with critical analysis and problem solving. Students are encouraged to be open-minded and flexible; and a strong emphasis on communication and teamwork replicates actual roles and functions from the professional world of IT.
- Follow a curriculum developed specifically for industry’s needs.
- Aquire high-level skills that ensure ongoing employability regardless of technological change.
- Work and manage real-life projects with your peers, simulating a professional environment.
- Learn self-improvement skills, and how to communicate effectively across a wide range of professions, advanced presentation skills and teamwork.
- Enjoy open access to the academic team and continuous feedback for projects and assignments.
- Opportunity for internships and networking through our Industry Network and client-based project work.
- Opportunity to pursue further studies.
- Full-time: Full-time students can expect to attend daily classes, with 18-20 hours per week in class, plus additional workshops and guest lectures. Further independent learning and group work is expected.
- Blended Learning: Blended learning is suitable for working professionals, as it combines online distance learning with on-campus workshops. Weekend classes take place once every three or four weeks during the semester. The programme can be highly individualized, based on your level of entry into the programme.
Graduate Careers & Further Study Destinations:
After graduation some alumni have secured global careers at leading corporations, some have successfully pursued research and further studies at leading institutions, while others have started their own businesses:
- Mitchell Mullen is a Junior DevOps Developer at Deutsche Börse, one of the world’s leading exchange organizations.
- Nikoleta Rázková started as a Developer and moved into the role of Senior IT Product Manager at Binario. Nikoleta also achieved her Master's in International Management at PCU and is now an Engineering Manager at Barclays Bank.
- Kristi Shumka is pursuing a Master's degree in the field of cyber-security at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.