This degree offers you the chance to strengthen your skills, knowledge and confidence before you advance to stage one of your honours degree.
- You can choose to take a generic LLB or pursue one of our specialist LLB pathways in Company and Commercial Law, International and Comparative Law, International Business Law or Social and Public Policy
- Develop all the key skills required to succeed in the legal sector - including drafting, advocacy, interviewing and negotiation
- Our tuition reaches the highest professional standards: this is a qualifying law degree which meets the criteria set by the Bar Standards Board and Solicitors Regulation Authority, which puts you on the path to a career as a solicitor or barrister
- We're networked into the legal profession, which opens up exciting opportunities for work placements and professional mentoring
- Through our Student Legal Advice Centre, you can gain practical experience by helping people who might otherwise find it hard to access justice support and advice
- Specialist modules will enhance your skills in entrepreneurship, creative thinking, problem-solving, team working, business acumen and digital technology, broadening your career scope further still
- An extensive programme of fieldtrips is included in your course fee, with the chance to visit London, The Hague and Dublin.
For those interested in becoming a solicitor, the route to qualification is changing. At Derby Law School we are working hard to ensure that the necessary changes are made to our undergraduate and postgraduate courses to provide our students with maximum opportunity and flexibility to further their legal career.