Combine an outstanding legal education with in-depth understanding of the causes and consequences of crime. This distinctive degree will expand your worldview and broaden your career prospects.
- We equip you with all the key skills required to succeed in the legal sector – including drafting, advocacy, interviewing and negotiation. In addition to these core legal skills we will be engaging with skills that relate to entrepreneurship, creative and problem solving skills as well as developing your business acumen.
- Our tuition reaches the highest professional standards: this is a qualifying law degree, meeting criteria set by the Bar Standards Board and Solicitors Regulation Authority, which puts you on the path to a career as a solicitor or barrister.
- You’ll go behind the headlines to explore how crime can be measured and reduced as well as the challenges of convicting serious offenders.
- There are exciting opportunities for you to benefit from work placements and professional mentoring.
- An extensive programme of fieldtrips are included in your course fee, with the chance to visit London, The Hague and Dublin.
- Through our new Student Legal Advice Centre, you can gain rewarding practical experience by supporting the wider community and helping people who might otherwise find it hard to access justice support and advice.
- Our enthusiastic teaching team includes experienced practitioners in law and criminology as well as researchers who have an international profile.
For those interested in becoming a solicitor, the route to qualification is changing. At Derby Law School we are working hard to ensure that the necessary changes are made to our undergraduate and postgraduate courses to provide our students with maximum opportunity and flexibility to further their legal career.