This accredited course takes you from crime scene to courtroom. Benefit from placement opportunities and gain hands-on experience in our crime scene house and cars, forensic labs and replica courts.
Become a highly skilled and confident forensic scientist, fully prepared to investigate crime scenes, analyse evidence and present findings in court.
- You'll have the chance to hone your skills in our range of forensic facilities, including our Forensic Training Facility, specialist forensic laboratories, specialist imaging suite, insectary, forensic anthropology suite, photography suite, vehicles, clandestine burial site, courtroom, and ballistics laboratory
- Study a programme which sets high professional standards: this course is accredited by The Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
- Work alongside forensic scientists, fingerprint experts, police officers, lawyers and judges to gain real insights into all aspects of the profession
- Gain practical experience through placements and internships. Benefit from our partnership with East Midlands Scientific Operations Unit (EMSOU) by undertaking an optional placement year
- Choose optional modules in chemistry and become eligible for Associate Membership of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- The content of this course is aligned to the priorities of global initiatives, such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals where ‘Peace and Justice’ is highlighted as a priority
- 97% of BSc (Hons) Forensic Science students were satisfied with the teaching on the course in the National Student Survey 2020