Benefits of the Master in Corporate Finance:
- The programme aims to equip students with theoretical knowledge in contemporary corporate accounting and finance and train them to use analytical tools to solve a range of managerial tasks and develop flexible financial strategies under uncertainty.
- Academic staff with teaching experience in leading international business schools, including guest lecturers from top-ranking international business schools and expert practitioners.
- The programme is taught in English in a cross-cultural environment enhancing the employability of graduates in the international job market.
- Upon competition, students have an opportunity to spend a semester studying abroad at one of the top universities or business schools from the extensive list of SPbU academic partners.
- The programme is largerly practice-based as it focuses on case studies of existing businesses in corporate accounting and finance. The programme requires students to join a Russian or an international company for a compulsory summer internship. Another requirement is a team consulting project in accounting and finance for an SPbU partner company.
- Cooperation with CIMA allows the programme graduates to take examinations for CIMA qualification on special terms.
- Students have access to dedicated databases containing financial information on a great number of Russian and foreign companies: Skrin, SPARK, Thompson Reuters, Datastream, etc.
- Students can participate in the competition for double degree master programmes Master in International Management, Community of European Management Schools - CEMS MIM.
Graduates will acquire these key skills:
- Ability to prepare analytical materials
- Ability to solve administrative problems in the field of corporate finance management in companies
- Ability to lead a project team in the field of corporate finance
- Working knowledge of strategic finance tools
- Public business and academic communication skills
- Ability to develop new research methods independently
Key positions for graduates of the Corporate Finance Master include: Manager, Project manager, Bank clerk, Auditor, Head of department, Marketing manager, Investment project manager, Specialist, Consultant.