Benefits of the Languages and Cultures of Africa programme:
- Extensive experience in teaching African languages combined with a comprehensive set of courses relevant for African studies.
- Students have access to unique electronic resources in Russian and foreign languages as well as to a dedicated collection of the M. Gorky Scientific Library of St Petersburg University. The Library holds over 300 copies of fiction, science and education books in all the languages of the programme. It boasts a collection of ancient manuscripts and block books common in Oriental cultures as well as rare and antiquarian books and lithographs.
- Complex approach to African Studies
Graduates will acquire these key skills:
- Students acquire skills in working with academic and reference literature as well as its analysis
- Expert evaluation and analysis of problems related to Africa
- Knowledge of the ethnolinguistic situation in the region and ability to understand the multicultural environment
Graduates are well-placed to secure positions in leading academic institutions and universities worldwide, government bodies, advertising and travel agencies, international policy and economic organisations, research and analytics centres, mass media agencies and publishing houses, archives, libraries, museums and educational institutions.