Master at St Petersburg University
Request information about study programmes in Russia
Other students were also interested in this programme:
Benefits of the International Sociology Master:
- The programme ‘International Sociology’ targets students interested in multidisciplinary study on social, economical, political and cultural changes in modern Western and Eastern societies.
- The track ‘Studies in European Societies’ is the outcome of collaboration between SPSU and Bielefeld University (Germany) with the support of German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Centre for German and European Studies. It focuses on modern development trends of European countries, including the Europeanization of politics, transformation of European market system, changes in social patterns, and European cultural differentiation.
- A number of courses of the programme are taught by leading international experts from top-ranking universities and research centers of Germany and other European countries.
- Diploma of SPSU is supplemented by an international certificate from Bielefeld University, Germany.
- The track ‘Global Sociology: Comparative Prospects’ aims to train well-rounded specialists with a set of skills allowing them to perform comparative sociological analysis of modern social, political, economic and ethno-cultural processes and phenomena typical for Western and Eastern societies in view of globalization.
- Students get the opportunities to conduct multidisciplinary comparative studies discovering the Russian-European space being involved in the international professional and academic networks.
- MA programme is full of workshops, schools, international seminars, research mobility options, internships.
Graduates will acquire these key skills:
- Practical skills in conducting academic research in multidisciplinary fields
- Analysing new theoretical and applied results in the chosen subject area
- Providing organizational, communicative and consulting information
- Russian and international commercial and non-commercial companies and organizations
- International monitoring and analytical institutes, conducting research in industrial, production, political, sociological fields, etc.
- Universities, institutes and other educational organizations
- Public administration and governmental structures
- Marketing, PR and recruitment organizations
- Mass media policy
- Nongovernmental organizations