Benefits of the Advanced Mathematics Master:
- The programme offers a completely new curriculum covering a wide range of advanced topics in theoretical mathematics, theoretical computer science, and their applications.
- Lecturing staff will consist of the foremost experts, many of which have previously worked in the world’s leading institution.
- Courses are taught in English (Russian language skills are not necessary); this is essential for employability of graduates in the international research and job market.
- The programme operates in a lively framework of Chebyshev Laboratory hosting many research seminars and a continuous flow of guest lecturers who are leading researchers from all over the world.
- Tight connection with Chebyshev Laboratory and Steklov Institute of Mathematics at St Petersburg makes it possible for students to participate in joint research projects with top researchers whose expertise covers the majority of the areas of modern mathematics and computer science.
- Small group size implies personalized approach during the whole duration of studies.
- Travel support for participation in conferences, summer schools and other scientific events.
- We expect fellowships for top students both from the government and private foundations. Students involved in research grants may also receive extra funding.
Graduates will acquire these key skills:
- Ability to conduct independent theoretical research
- Solid knowledge of classical and modern results in mathematics and TCS
- Academic communication skills
- Ability to solve mathematical problems arising in industrial areas, e.g. in Finance or IT
- Ability to teach advanced graduate-level courses in mathematics and computer science
Alumni of the programme can naturally proceed with their PhD studies in St Petersburg or elsewhere, or choose a career in the industry. In particular, Chebyshev Laboratory has strong ties with leading Russian and European industrial and IT companies such as Gazprom Neft, Yandex and JetBrains. The possible industrial positions are Consultant in Financial mathematics, Industrial mathematics, etc; IT architect; Data scientist, to name a few.