Study filmmaking and touch peoples’ lives!
Filmmakers are the all-rounders behind the scenes. They combine strong dialogues with captivating images to create moving stories. Our hands-on Filmmaking bachelor degree course at Macromedia University of Applied Sciences explores the technical as well as creative aspects of filmmaking. Study filmmaking and lay a strong foundation for your cinematic career!
A degree course for real film fans:
Are you a movie maniac or a serial junkie? Are Steven Spielberg and Shonda Rhimes your big role models? If so, our Filmmaking Bachelor programme is perfect for you! This degree programme will introduce you to all the different professions, trades and fields of work connected with the film and television industries. You’ll learn how to write screenplays and turn them into films, and also look into storytelling, camera work, film editing, and sound, light and video technology.
Your timetable will include both creative and technical content. Last but not least, we investigate soft skills such as how to communicate well, how to organise yourself and others skilfully, and how to work together as a team.
- Screenplays and dramaturgy: How do you write a script? How do authors build up suspense, and how do they wrtie authentic dialogue? These are some of the many aspects covered in this module.
- The basics of film directing: You'd like to study film directing? In this module, you'll learn how film directors weave content and artistic expression together on the set.
- The basics of camera work: This Filmmaking bachelor programme also introduces you to the basics of camera work. You'll learn how filmmakers create atmospheric images that trigger the desired emotions in the audience.
- Hands-on Filmmaking degree course: In the fifth semester of your Filmmaking degree course, you’ll have the opportunity to take a look behind the scenes of a film production. For five whole months, you can apply the theory you’ve learned in class in a real-life scenario. You choose where and in which company you want to put your skills to the test.
Job opportunities after graduation:
Once you graduate, a whole world of job opportunities await you. Today, filmmakers find work in many different places – not just in film and television productions. Increasingly, companies from a wide range of industries want to present themselves on social media and seek professionals who can help them create image films and clips for this purpose.
- Assistant producer / camera assistan: You’d like to work as an assistant producer or camera assistant? Our Filmmaking bachelor degree prepares you for these roles. Assistant producers and camera assistants play a supporting role in the production of films, series and theatre productions. You’ll help to produce powerful works that delight audiences.
- VFX production assistant: Once the filming has finished, VFX production assistants support the post-production work and help transform the raw footage into a fluid film. Here you’ll be taking care of the budget, organising workflows and keeping an eye on all post-production processes such as cutting, sound editing and cover design.
- Creative content produce: Creative content producers produce creative moving content for social media platforms such as TikTok and Instagram. Sometimes this will be contract work, in which case your job is to produce a film that embodies the message your employer or client wishes to convey. Alternatively, you might choose to launch your own channel and create your own content.