The Master’s Degree program in Nanophotonics and Metamaterials is the only program in Russia as well as one of the few programs in the world that trains specialists in nanophotonics, nanotechnologies, and metamaterials. The program is led by ITMO Center of Nanophotonics and Metamaterials, one of the leading research centers in the field.
If you wish to take part in advanced research of new optical materials, methods of optical control and light interaction with matter, and to try your hand at new generation microwave development, this program is for you!
- Focuses on the study of metamaterials, the new materials that will revolutionize telecommunication, radio technology, and the power industry. The physics of metamaterials combines optics and nanophotonics, radiophysics and solid-state physics.
- Covers all fundamentals of electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, and solid-state physics. The wide range of special courses taught by research center staff includes up-to-date courses in nanophotonics, quantum optics, numerical methods, radiophysics, and others.
- Involves intensive laboratory studies using facilities of the center: optical instrumentation, radiofrequency measurements, and nanotechnology fabrication methods.
- Places students in active research teams, accelerating hands-on knowledge and professional growth.
Offers a personalized track depending on students’ specialization.
- Opens doors to best PhD programs in universities all over the world in the field of physics and engineering. The Center of Nanophotonics and Metamaterials has industrial partners both in Russia and worldwide (i.e. Bosch and Samsung).