Benefits of the Program
- The Program is focused on implementation of the principles of industrial ecology and cleaner production to prevent environmental pollution and provide for sustainable consumption of energy and other resources.
- Energy- and resource efficiency is considered at the level of technological processes, companies, industries, products or services. Particular attention is paid to the issues of environmental protection, sustainable waste management, recovery and reuse of useful components from waste, implementation of the principle of industrial symbiosis and implementation of the best available techniques for waste management.
- The program implements several international projects in cooperation with partner foreign universities and leading companies of the region. Students receive skills of the future profession, learn the experience of Russian and foreign environmental specialists.
- The program provides possibility for building individual study trajectories based on students’ personal interests, advanced laboratory equipment, professional software and innovative problem based educational technologies.
Innovative education approaches give students general view of the entire production chain - from idea to finished product or service.
- The program will help students receive a general picture of the company's resources flows and how these are made more efficient, thus preventing environmental pollution.
- Students will also gain knowledge within integrated management - quality, environment and energy management systems, which are important for the governance and development of modern companies.
The graduates will be able to work in the fields of environmental management and audit, energy management, waste waters treatment, waste management, environmental assessment as well as environmental engineers within both the public and private sectors. Future employers could be municipal wastewater companies, industrial companies, certification bodies, environmental laboratories or environmental consultant firms.