The Program focuses on the modern aspects of nanotechnology for green chemistry and sustainability. Special emphasis is made on engineering of functional nanoarchitectures for catalysis as well as biomedical applications and photonics.
The program uniquely combines the state-of-the-art computational and practical aspects of material sciences and nanotechnology. It effectively bridges material sciences and information technologies, both strategic research areas of ITMO University.
Benefits of the Program
- The program is delivered on the basis of the International SCAMT Laboratory (Solution Chemistry of Advanced Materials and Technologies), the leading ITMO lab specializing in hybrid materials creation by soft solution chemical methods in nanomaterial science and development of biomedical, optical materials and advanced industrial materials.
- You can perform a research project in one of the research groups or work on your own startup in an industrial laboratory. Depending on your project from the second semester, you choose an individual educational trajectory in one of the following specializations:
- applied materials;
- industrial brokerage in the field of nanoengineering.
- The teachers are all young professors with relevant work experience gained in such prominent universities as Harvard, Eindhoven, University of Central Florida, University of Leipzig, Hebrew University and others.
- The students have an excellent opportunity for research and educational internship at leading universities around the world: Eindhoven University of Technology, Leipzig University, University of Liverpool, Washington University in St. Louis, University of Liege, Trinity College, and University of Aveiro.
- Nice bonus! The most successful candidates will be nominated for ITMO Biochemistry Cluster Scholarship.