The aim of Mathematics and its Application programme is to prepare:
- Broad minded specialists, having strong mathematical foundation, knowledge on using adequate mathematical tools for solving practical tasks in various situations, optimization and data analysis problems in industry, business and economics, as well as the skills in energy, artificial intelligence systems analysis and other areas closely related with mathematics in social or/and scientific life/activities.
- Mathematicians-professionals, who are able to integrate themselves into the knowledge society using well developed mathematical skills and abilities, to recognize, conceive and implement the interdisciplinary notion and concepts, to improve the professional lifelong learning competences and personal needs.
Graduates of the study programme will be able to:
- Know and comprehend concepts and propositions of fundamental mathematical subjects, recognize and apply them solving practical/theoretical tasks.
- Comprehend and be able to apply classical analytical and numerical methods as well as the main algorithms for solving differential equations.
- Comprehend and be able to apply probabilistic and statistical methods for data analysis.
- Know and comprehend the needs and importance of information technologies in study process, also be able to apply programming knowledge and skills, data structures and modelling.
- Summarize and evaluate critically scientific and professional literature, as well as use various tools for collecting of information for the study process and for solving fixed practical/theoretical problems.
- Identify the problem, collect and analyse real/theoretical data using various mathematical methods, tools and IT technologies.
- Develop and apply appropriate mathematical models and tools, forecast and realize them for use in case analysis.
- Having good foundations of mathematics, logically and critically recognize and describe relations between quantities of real life and mathematical concepts.
- Operating with formal mathematical symbols and terms, determine mathematical connections between various mathematical quantities; conceive mathematical propositions and logical proofs, construct and prove new statements.
- Think logically and analytically, evaluate alternative ways of task solving and implement optimal solutions.
- Critically analyse and evaluate obtained results, take responsibility from the mathematical point of view.
- Work individually and/or in groups by developing and adopting appropriate mathematical models and tools for use in case analysis.
- Clearly and convincingly present problems and solutions, related to economics, energetics and artificial intelligence, to experts and non-experts using ground knowledge, reasoning, relevant presentation tools and methods.
- Plan self-learning based on personal needs and the ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrate awareness of economic, legal, social, ethical and environmental context in mathematical projects.
- Adapt to fast changing cultural, economic and technological environment.
Graduates of the Mathematics and its Application program will be able to work as:
- Specialists of mathematical modelling, systems projection.
- Market analysts, information analysts, supply chain analysts.
- Specialists of business and industry data analysis, risk assessment, artificial intelligence.
- To continue studies in mathematics or related with mathematics master’s degree studies.