The next intake for this course is in September 2023.
Take this fast track route and you could be on your way to a training contract or a pupillage within three years. This intensive accelerated route to the LLB (Hons) is an excellent choice for those wanting to qualify as a barrister or solicitor quickly, or those wanting to keep their career options open for countless professions where legal knowledge is invaluable.
- Save time and money on this accelerated route, fast tracking you to being ready to start a pupillage or training contract for those wishing to pursue a career as a barrister or solicitor. Enrol onto our LLM (LPC) on successful completion of this course and you’ll be ready for a training contract within three years
- Ideally located in Derby city centre, you’ll be based at our One Friar Gate Square site, home to all our law students. Our free Unibus service for students can take you to and from the bus and train stations, or if you choose to drive there is plenty of car parking available close by, making getting to lectures easy and stress free
- You will learn through a dynamic mix of face-to-face and self-directed learning, so that you can complete the LLB in two years
- We equip you with all the key skills – including drafting, advocacy, interviewing and negotiation
- Our tuition reaches the highest professional standards: this is a qualifying law degree, meeting criteria set by the Bar Standards Board and Solicitors Regulation Authority, putting you on the path to a career as a barrister or solicitor
- We’re networked into the legal profession, which opens up exciting opportunities for work placements and professional mentoring
- An extensive programme of fieldtrips is included in your course fee - previous students have visited ‘Legal London’ and Dublin
- Through our Student Legal Advice Centre, you can gain hands on practical experience by helping people who might otherwise find it hard to access justice
- Specialist modules will enhance your skills in entrepreneurship, creative thinking, problem solving, team working, business acumen and digital technology, broadening your career scope further still.
For those interested in becoming a solicitor, the route to qualification is changing. At Derby Law School we are working hard to ensure that the necessary changes are made to our undergraduate and postgraduate courses to provide our students with maximum opportunity and flexibility to further their legal career.