Benefits of the Master in Management - MIM:
- The programme is practice-based: the majority of lecturers are experienced practitioners; the first year ends with a summer internship, the second year includes a consulting project for an SPbU partner company.
- Academic staff with teaching experience in leading international business schools, including guest lecturers from top-ranking international business schools and expert practitioners.
- The programme is taught in English in a cross-cultural environment enhancing the employability of graduates in the international job market.
- Upon competition, students have an opportunity to spend a semester studying abroad at one of the top universities or business schools from the extensive list of SPbU academic partners.
- Students can participate in the competition for double degree master programmes Master in International Management, Community of European Management Schools - CEMS MIM, and joint programmes with Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU), HEC School of Management, Paris, Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT).
- Students can join research projects of leading SPbU scholars choosing from a range of management topics. This can be done as part of the preparation of the thesis.
Graduates of the MIM will acquire these key skills:
- Ability to plan and organize the research process and prepare analytical materials
- Solving administrative problems in various areas of management
- Ability to lead a project team in various areas of management
- Working knowledge of strategic analysis methods
- Public business and academic communication skills
- Ability to develop new research methods independently
Key positions for MIM graduates include: Project manager, Marketing manager, Product manager, Brand manager, Entrepreneur, Business analyst, Business consultant