The BBA Big Data & Management prepares students to take on cross-functional management positions.
They will acquire both strong managerial skills (finance, management, marketing, strategy) and advanced technical skills in the collection, analysis and use of data for business performance.
Jointly developed by Audencia and Centrale Nantes, this course draws on the academic excellence of both institutions to offer a programme with a strong international and professional focus.
About the programme:
- Year 1: The aim of the first year is to understand the basic principles in Management and Big Data. Courses are jointly coordinated by the two institutions with each school delivering the courses within its field of expertise. The year finishes with a 3-month internship which must be undertaken abroad. This is designed to develop students' openness and adaptability.
- Year 2: The first half of the year is designed to consolidate the basic principles covered in the first year in business and engineering. Courses continue to be jointly coordinated by the two institutions. The four semester focuses on acquiring advanced scientific knowledge. These courses are taught exclusively by Centrale Nantes faculty on its Casablanca campus in Morocco (or at a partner university).
- Year 3: The first semester focuses on advanced management courses. These courses are taught exclusively by Audencia faculty and are held on its campus in Shenzhen, China (or at a partner university). The focus in the second semester turns towards more applied learning. Students will undertake project-based work and put their knowledge into practice. Faculty from both institutions run and teach these courses jointly. Students complete the year with a further 3-month internship period.
- Year 4: The first semester gives students the opportunity to work on tangible new projects, thereby applying the skills acquired throughout the first three years. Faculty from both institutions again run and teach these courses jointly. The final year internship takes place over a period of six months. It is a project-based internship, whereby students are required to undertake and manage a project independently.
Audencia & Centrale Nantes:
Audencia and Centrale Nantes have pooled their material and learning resources for the purposes of this programme. Students have access to all of the schools' campuses in France and abroad, to their media libraries, laboratories, company and alumni networks.
Just a short walk separates the Audencia Atlantic Campus and the Centrale Nantes campus, which are located at the heart of the city's main university campus and just fifteen minutes from Nantes city centre.
- Audencia boasts 18,000 m2 of diverse and modular teaching facilities. Each classroom is equipped for different teaching methods and group work (video projector, audio speakers). The school also has mobile audiovisual and computer resources (digital camcorders, TV, DVD players, tablets).
- Centrale Nantes houses 17 buildings on a 40-acre green campus. In addition to the standard facilities of a university campus (classrooms, media library, computer rooms, etc.), it is home to 12 research platforms, some of which are unique in France, and modern and varied sports facilities, the Centrale-Audencia-Ensa incubator and vibrant student life.