After a year, one leaves the programme with a Master of Arts in Law degree as well as both legal and technical skills perfect for performing interdisciplinary and comprehensive regulatory, analytical, and expert work in the fields of ICT and cyber security.
The 1-year MA programme in IT Law can be characterized by 5 features:
- Practical focus: we believe that a significant part of teaching in this programme should simulate real-life situations. Students gain access to 30 IT Law practitioners and IT specialists from around the world participating in the programme. As consultants, lecturers, or mentors, they synchronize the legal education with the technical developments in the ICT sector.
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of IT Law: we provide a systematic understanding of all major subfields of IT law as well as skills necessary for practicing in this area. Along with that, we create extensive links between technical, legal, and policy aspects of development and uses of ICTs, putting heavy emphasis on case studies, real-life exercises, trend assessments, and problem-solving.
- Technical skills: students will master a set of technical skills typically required in the ICT sector, e.g. elementary skills in programming, cryptography, database technology, and software engineering.
- Global careers: graduates will be ready to provide legal advice on ICT related matters across jurisdictions and work anywhere in the world. They will be able to perform interdisciplinary and comprehensive regulatory, analytical, and expert work in the field of IT Law, having all necessary skills to face the challenges posed by the extraterritoriality, novelty, and complexity of its problems.
- e-Estonia and cutting-edge developments in IT: Estonia is considered an international leader in the field of IT for its technological and legal solutions as well as population that is open to technological advancements: We provide access to its best practices and cutting-edge developments.
Designed for lawyers interested in pursuing careers in the field of information technology and cyber security, the programme trains highly qualified IT Law experts much needed at law firms, IT companies, public agencies, international organizations, and consulting firms.