Are you going to bridge the gap between early biomedical research results and clinical practice? Or would you rather study DNA, RNA and/or proteins in the laboratory? In this Master’s programme you will work to get a deep understanding of the mechanisms acting in human in health and disease at the molecular, cellular and system levels. Within the Master's Medical Biology, you have a choice between six Master's specialisations.
- Human Biology: The specialisation in Human Biology translates fundamental biomedical discoveries into applied clinical practice and public health issues.
- Medical Epigenomics: The only Master’s specialisation in the Netherlands covering the function of our epigenome, a key factor in regulating gene expression in health and disease.
- Neurobiology: A mechanistic understanding of brain organisation and function is the first step in conquering brain diseases. Are you motivated to work towards this goal from a multi-disciplinary perspective?
- Science in Society: Science and technology have a profound influence on society, but the reverse is also true: society significantly shapes the ways in which science and technology evolve. This specialisation equips you with the tools to become a professional intermediary between science and society.
- Science, Management and Innovation: All organisations struggle with challenges such as sustainability, health, energy, and IT security. Solutions require scientists with an analytical as well as a societal understanding of these issues.
- Science and Education (in Dutch): Do you have a passion for Medical Biology and an interest in didactics? Do you like presenting and sharing knowledge? Want to work on your personal leadership skills? Science and Education offers scientific ánd didactic education, enabling you to teach in secondary school right after graduation.