Our Mathematics programme is built around one central idea: modern mathematics is interactive. Indeed, much of the progress and development in modern mathematics is driven by exciting new interactions between different subfields of mathematics, or between mathematics and other scientific disciplines.
Mathematics: Something for you?
- You study in an open and interactive atmosphere with a lot of personal guidance
- Study at the unique, multidisciplinary Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Particle Physics
- 85% of our graduates finds a job quickly after graduating
- Our students rate this Master’s programme 8 out of 10
What will you learn?
The Mathematics department in Nijmegen excels in cutting-edge research “at the crossroads”. As a student in this Master’s specialisation you can benefit from this expertise by choosing one of four tracks:
- Interactive Mathematics: Foundations (IMF), covering the most recent developments at the crossroads of algebra, analysis, geometry, topology, number theory and logic.
- Interactive Mathematics: Applications (IMA), equipping you with the modern techniques needed to model and understand phenomena in other fields of research.
- Mathematics and Computation (MaC), which focuses on the interaction between mathematics and computer science.
- Gravitation+, that reflects the unique Radboud expertise on the role of gravity in the universe, from the largest to the smallest length scales.