Take on total responsibility to foster, implement and evaluate e-business initiatives. This is in all the functional areas of an organisation.
Digital technologies have changed the way organisations conduct business. They afford new ways of working including fresh opportunities. They also present new challenges for digital businesses. Our Digital Business MSc prepares you for this ever-changing complex and digital landscape.
In a world where decision-making is ambiguous, this course will challenge you. You'll need to think in new and varied ways for a turbulent and fast-moving digital age. There is great demand for e-business professionals. This master’s supports various career paths to further your career interests.
What you'll learn
You'll cover the core components of digital business, which include:
- discussions on leading-edge technologies
- developing an appreciation of long-term business strategies
- the ability to focus on the enterprise and entrepreneurial components with a clear focus on creativity and innovation
- the alignment of people behaviour internally and externally to an organisation
By the end of the course you'll meet the most demanding professional and academic requirements.
Through the course you'll:
- prepare for your career in the digital world of business. This is done through our School-wide employability and professional development programme
- benefit from the city’s innovation community, the Newcastle Helix. Home to an exemplar of world-class research and education. They're producing the next generation of leaders for the digital age
- use industry-standard software to analyse data in our Data Analytics for Managers module. You'll address organisational problems and opportunities
- experience real-life practice as you develop an enterprise start-up. You'll apply lean start-up theory. You'll get involved in creativity, innovation and the design of your digital business
- connect with, and hear from, digital and tech innovation leaders through guest lectures
- explore how to discover value and access challenges from emerging business and technology
Graduates from this course have undertaken various roles, including:
- media trading strategist
- key account director
- database marketing analyst
- business operation improvement and partnership manager
- market analyst
- procurement associate
- business analyst
- data management associate
- diversity and inclusion specialist
- product development manager
- e-business consultant
This course prepares you for a wide range of careers with employers, such as:
- G-Star RAW
- Legal & General
- Amar Bank Indonesia
- Bede Gaming
- Colt Technology Services
- Innovate UK
Our Careers Service
Our award-winning Careers Service is one of the largest and best in the country, and we have strong links with employers. We provide an extensive range of opportunities to all students through our ncl+ initiative.