The main goal of the program is to prepare experts in quantum physics with an emphasis on quantum mechanical modeling of advanced materials and low-dimensional systems.
The students can choose one of the following educational tracks:
- Computer Simulation
- Functional Materials and Physics of Low-Dimensional Structures
The program is closely linked to other educational programs in the field of physics and engineering such as:
- Nanophotonics and Metamaterials
- Semiconductor Physics
The students will acquire:
- ability to apply modern research methods in the field of low-dimensional materials;
- advanced computer modeling skills;
- basic skills of creating micro- and nanostructures using modern technological methods;
- skills in abstract thinking, generalization, analysis, systematization, and forecasting;
- ability to justify the relevance of the research goals and objectives;
- knowledge of a foreign language for specific purposes, etc.